1 – CONDUCT OF ATHLETES
It is the responsibility of the athlete to know all aspects of the regulation.
With his inscription, the athlete accepts the general regulation Sailfish Lanzarote Open Water and the conditions of participation.
Each athlete is responsible for competing in good physical condition and with healthy training. Each athlete is directly responsible for ensuring that they do not present any health problem or contraindication that prevents or simply discourages taking part in competitions.
Doping is prohibited. With their registration, each athlete accepts the rules of doping, which are mandatory for the event. With its registration, each athlete declares not to violate, before or during the event, the organic law 3/2013 of protection of the health of the athlete and fight against doping in sports.
- Be responsible for your own safety and that of other athletes.
- Know and respect the competition regulations.
- Know the routes.
- Obey the instructions of the officers and public authorities.
- Treat the rest of the athletes, officials, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Athletes must show respect towards the environment and avoid contamination.
- Avoid the use of abusive language.
If an athlete decides to withdraw from the race at any time, it is the responsibility of the participant to inform at the information point located in the finish area and to deliver his race number and the timing chip immediately. It is essential that the personnel of the organization know at what point of the course the competitors are at all times.
Race officials will have the authority to disqualify any participant.
The medical personnel and / or the technical director will have the maximum and final authority to eliminate a participant from the test if it is considered physically unable to continue the race without risk of serious injury or death. The sanitary transport by any contestant will imply disqualification.
Individual support by friends, family, coaches and supporters during the course of the Sailfish Lanzarote Open Water events will not be allowed. Each participant must immediately reject any attempt to help, follow or accompany. Otherwise, it will result in a warning or even disqualification.
Basic principles of the event are equity and compliance with regulations. It is forbidden to look for advantages by breaking these rules. Athletes can not prevent or endanger others, or hinder the process of the race.
The rules of the road will be observed and the instructions of the organizers, judges and medical personnel will be followed.
2 – DISTANCES
The swimmer may participate in one or more of the following categories, so long as they are compatible:
- 10 Km. Infant, Junior and Master
- 5 Km. Infant, Junior and Master
- 3,8 Km. Infant, Junior and Master
- 1,9 Km. Infant, Junior and Master
- Shark: 800 m. Beginners
- Dolphin: 400 m. Youngest
3 – CATEGORIES
- Under 10s y 11s y.o. (2009-2008)
- Under 12s y 13s y.o. (2007-2006)
- Infant (2005-2004)
- Junior (2003-2002)
- Junior 2 (2001-2000)
- Senior Master 20+ (1999-95)
- Senior Master 25+ (1994-90)
- Senior Master 30+ (1989-85)
- Senior Master 35+ (1984-80)
- Senior Master 40+ (1979-75)
- Senior Master 45+ (1974-70)
- Senior Master 50+ (1969-65)
- Senior Master 55+ (1964-60)
- Senior Master 60+ (1959-55)
- Senior Master 65+ (1954-50)
- Senior Master 70+ (1949-45)
- Senior Master 75+ (1944-40)
- Senior Master 80+ (1939-35)
- Senior Master 85+ (1934-30)
- Senior Master 90+ (1929-25)
- Senior Master 95+ (1924-20)
- Senior Master 100+ (1919 before)
4 – PRIZES
The top 3 in the men’s and women’s in following category will receive prizes:
- 10 Km
- 5 Km
- 3,8 Km
- 1,9 Km
5 – USE OF NEOPRENE
* For the participants of the Canary Open Water Cup, the use of neoprene will be governed by the specific Regulations of the competition.
* In the case of being a participant in the Open Water Spain Cup, the use of neoprene will be governed by the specific Regulations of the competition.
The neoprene suit can cover any part of the body, except the face, hands and feet.
6 – CLOTHING
Cap delivered by the organization. The hat can not undergo any modification. In case of wearing additional hats, the one provided by the organization should be the one that covers the rest. The bib number will be visible on the two outer parts of the cap.
Below is a list of clothing that each swimmer could wear during the course of the test:
The timing chip must be used throughout the race. In case of loss the swimmer must communicate this circumstance to the timekeeping company upon arrival at the finish line. The swimmer must pay the value of the chip lost to the timekeeper if he considers it convenient. The chip must be placed on the ankle.
All electronic devices such as water clocks, heart rate monitors and GPS will not be allowed. If an athlete violates this rule, he can be disqualified.
Equipment not allowed:
Artificial propulsion devices. *
Flotation devices. *
Gloves or socks
Neoprene suit that exceeds 5 mm thick.
* Only those persons who have the approval of the technical team for justified reasons may use said instruments.
7 – START PROCEDURES
Shark and Dolphin distances have its own start.
5k, 3.8k and 1.9k distance have one only start for all.
To access the competition area, athletes must pass through an area where a recount is performed. This place leads only towards the start of the competition area.
The start is defined by a line marked on the floor. No athlete may cross or exceed this line until the competition has begun.
Athletes will be grouped in the area consistent with the assigned categories.
Athletes will be called to the starting area and occupy their starting positions under the direction of the officers.
When all athletes are in position, you will pass the procedure exit and wait for the announcement: ‘to your posts!’
At any time after the announcement, the official starting horn will be heard indicating the start of the race.
The start should be forward, participants are unable to start the race from a position different than what is assigned.
Irregular departures. Athletes who deviate from the indicated protocol or start earlier when other athletes start with the horn, receive a sanction designated by the organization or by the judges.
False starts. In the event that the output is zero, athletes must return to the assigned or elected position in principle.
8 – PROCEDURE OF ARRIVAL AT FINISH LINE
The winner of the race will be the athlete to cross the finish line first.
9 – SWIMMING
In the event that the organization deems that it is necessary that any participant should leave the competition to ensure their safety, we reserve the right to do so.
- Whenever the swimmer exceed time limits.
- Adverse weather conditions that endanger participants crossing.
- Kayakers and craft patterns ensure the safety of the swimmers and shall inform the organization.
- In the event that the organization considers it necessary that any of the participants should abandon the test in order to guarantee their safety, we reserve the right to do so.
10 – REGISTRATION
- Registrations are non-refundable or transferable.
- Registration includes:
- Right to participate in the event (whenever weather conditions permit).
- Accident insurance.
- Assistance during and after the test.
- Refreshments at the end of the race.
- Classification and timing chip.
- To collect the documentation (bag, hat, etc ..), you must present your ID card or Passport. In the event that a third party will be required to withdraw the documentation, submit a signed form together with a photocopy of the participants ID.
- Only the change of distance is allowed during the online registration period, once the online registration is closed, you can not change the distance.
11 – TIMING AND RESULTS
The company behind the timing will be designated by the organization.
The unofficial results are posted on a bulletin board at the end of the competition.
Official results may subsequently be found on the web of the event.
The total time of each athlete is the one from the start of the competition till the end of the competition.
The time spent in the transition is part of the total time.
In the event that the available time means it is not possible to determine which athlete has finished the race in less time, exequo will be considered and issued to involve the same time and place.
The results will be official once the Referee has signed.
Official results can be declared incomplete at any time.
The referee will use all available resources to determine the final position of each athlete. The information collected from the various technological tools will serve to assist in the final decision.
The results in case of a tie will be decided upon by the number of dorsals.
12 – PARTICIPATION AND INSURANCE
All participants that are reported being under optimal health and are aware of any reason why they cannot participate in the competition Sailfish Lanzarote Open Water swimmers therefore agree to participate under their responsibility.
Participation is suitable for athletes of any nationality, federated or not and born after 2007. Children under 18 must provide permission from their parent or guardian in writing at the time of collecting the cord. No swimmer that is a minor may do any of the crossings without this signed authorization delivered to the organization.
Under current legislation, the organization hires a liability insurance as well as an accident insurance covering all Participants at all distances.
13 – SECURITY
A security operation both on land and at sea is guaranteed. The day of the competition motor boats and kayaks will cover the swimmers.
The medical services of the organization shall be authorized to withdraw any participant for medical reasons.
14 – AID STATIONS
The organization will provide a refreshment point for participants at the end of the competition.
15 – MODIFICATIONS
The Organization reserves the right to modify the competition, delay the start or suspend it if, in his opinion, the conditions were dangerous for participants on competition day. If by order of the authorities, force majeure or safety reasons changes should be made to the competition or it is cancelled, the Organizer does not have obligation to indemnify the Participant for damages that the cancellation may cause.
16 – PERSONAL DATA
The organization reports, and you agree that:
All data provided by you at the time of registration or through other channels such as through the page lanzaroteopenwater.com
The purpose of data collection is no other than that to administer and manage test information, and keep you informed of any changes in the testing schedule and / or promotion of products related to Sailfish Lanzarote Open Water. In this line and with a distinctly sporting objective, promotional and commercial, we ask the consent to athletes and their children, so that the image of the participants may appear in photographs and films made in the various activities organized.
To give up this assignment, you must give written notice to Sands Beach Active SL. and, in accordance with the provisions of Law 15/1999, of 13 December, Protection of Personal Data, you can modify or cancel wholly or Partial data.
17 – AMENDMENTS TO THE RULES
These rules may be amended, modified or enhanced at any time by the organization as well as any data without notification, standard or section to optimize performance. Enrolment shows that the participant is known to this regulation.
18 – STATEMENT OF DISCLAIMER AND PROTECTION
For registration, the participant declares: “I am in optimal health to participate in the Sailfish Lanzarote Open Water. Also, do not hold the organization, sponsors or other participating institutions responsible before any accident or injury that may occur before, during and / or after the sporting event, resigning from and to any legal action against any such entity.
During the competition I will contribute as much as possible with the Organization to avoid personal injury. I further authorize the Organization to use Advertising photos, videos and any other audiovisual material which can include accepting the publication of my name in the classification of proof in media and / or Internet, without expecting payment, compensation or remuneration for this concept.
19 – EVENT DATA
The event is organized by Sands Beach Active S.L.